Myth or Fact: Gynecomastia Can Occur at Any Time in a Man’s Life
It’s true. Gynecomastia is a very common condition in men where their excess glandular breast tissue leads to the appearance of “woman-like” breasts, and it can happen at any stage in a man’s life! True gynecomastia also fails to respond to changes in diet and exercise.
- 50-60% of adolescent boys experience some degree of gynecomastia, but it is common for the chest to flatten out when entering his 20s. Although that is not always the case!
- Roughly 65% of adult men experience similar enlarged breasts but with a different cause
In adolescent boys, the main cause of gynecomastia is higher estrogen levels that are associated with puberty. On the other hand, when an adult male is experiencing similar symptoms, it is often due to medical conditions, hormone imbalances, or even alcohol and drug consumption.
Male breast reduction surgery can help you achieve the following:
- A flatter, more chiseled chest appearance
- Improved self-confidence
- Reduced unsightly, bulging fatty tissue
- A slimmed and toned silhouette
- Long-lasting, sustainable outcome
Treating Gynecomastia can help men restore their confidence and feel better in their clothing. Schedule your appointment at PERK plastic surgery to learn more about procedures designed to help contour the male physique.